310 A East Oltorf Street
, TX 78704(Map)
- Q: How fast do these things go?
- A: Generally, our mopeds go between 30-35 mph, but there are optional speed kits you can place on your mopeds to achieve even greater speeds (45+ mph).
- Q: What is the gas mileage?
- A: 100+ miles per gallon!
- Q: What kind of gas is required?
- A: Regular gasoline with 2.6 oz. of 2-stroke oil per gallon of gas (2% mix).
- Q: What about maintenance?
- As long as you start your bike on a regular basis (once a week), and change out your spark plug every 3 months, our mopeds should last you the rest of our life. We suggest cleaning the carburetor every 6 months to 1 year though.
- Q: Can I test ride one?
- A: Absolutely! Come by the shop and we'll be happy to let you take one around the block a few times. WARNING: You will fall in love with it.
- Q: What kind of mopeds do you sell?
- A: We specialize in vintage mopeds (pre 1985). Mopeds are still manufactured today, but normally made from plastics and other cheap materials. Our mopeds have metal frames with vibrant color variations and that wonderful attention to detail that todayÃs designs canÃt even come close to matching.
- Q: How are your vintage mopeds restored?
- A: Just about everything is rebuilt from the ground up with all new parts. Carburetor, Points, Condensers, Seals, Bearings, Gaskets, Tires, Wires, Lights, we could go on all day. We generally keep the original paint job for its character, though offer custom jobs as well.
- Q: How does licensing/insurance/registration work?
- A: This varies from state to state. We encourage our customers to register their mopeds with the state and to obtain insurance (usually around $60/yr). These steps are not always necessary, so it's really up to you.
- Q: What about safety equipment?
- A: We strongly encourage all customers to use proper safety gear while riding their moped. A helmet is obviously the most important and we have some really, really cool ones available in the shop (no 'egg head' look).